Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off hello all,

i just inherited my fathers OLD bike and need some help with it. It is a 1979 trek 530. From the very little research i have done i was able to figure that much out. Also from looking at the bike i can say that it has mostly campagnolo parts but also has a sun tour badge on it.

i can tell you that all the parts on this bike are at the very least 14 years old. It needs new wheels because the front one is bent.

I dont really have a lot of money to spend due to a new member of my family arriving very soon but want to get out and ride asap.

can you guys point me in the direction of where to get some new parts for this thing or where to look for some quality used stuff

thanks
J

·
Registered
657 Posts
I ended up finding a picture of this particular make and model, and let me tell you, it looks like a nice ride. Hopefully we can help you find the parts you need to get it up and riding. I will try to get the image up so you can confirm if this is similar to what you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i am familiar with craigslist but around here everyone has mostly newer stuff.

yes the bike is in rideable condition. a friend of my dads took the bike when my dad passed away. i told him i was wanting to come and get it from him and he told me he has been riding it about once a month. he took it out to give it a once over before i got it and hit a pot hole avoiding a car that came a little to close to him bending the front wheel.

i will get some pics in the next couple days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as the parts the front wheel is the only thing i absolutely need. i would like to get a wheelset instead of just one wheel though.

as far as upgrades a seat is in the near future but thats about it

once i get going im sure there will be more. just looking forward to getting out and putting some miles on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts