Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, hope I'm in the intro pg. I've been cycling since '04 after hip replacement ended running. Anyhow, loved my socialized stumpjumper, then we moved to Florida without a hill in 100 miles. Got a Spec Allez Elite that I put over 32000 miles on before upgrading a week ago. After much research and discussion at my LBS I decided on a Motobecane Le Champion Team titanium dura ace equipped beaut from bikesdirect. I'm 62 and a Clydesdale, riding 25 miles daily with a longer ride weekly. Life's good! Just started using a heart rate monitor with cadence etc. Taking it up a notch hoping to become the best cyclist I can be and still have fun.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Welcome Wild Dude, ride on ride on.

Post often, tell us what you are doing and post some pictures

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey.
I hope it warms up here soon or I might forget where I left that bike of mine if it stays cooooold much longer.:eek:
Did I read that right 32 thousand miles WOW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
intro pt deux

Thanks for the welcome! Riding weather perfect here in SW Florida - hi 60s lo 70s. Ya, the Allez Elite great workhorse! Could've ridden around the world with my mileage. Hope to get same usage from the MOTO ti. I'll bring it to my LBS in a week or 2 for initial tuneup once cables stretched etc. Still making saddle adjustments. Heading out now - 71 degrees!

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Ride on Dude, you da man

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm absolutely considering a Moto Ti.

I'm not sure if I'll get the heat (SRAM Rival) the Ti, or the SL Ti. That DA's a little rich for me right now.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'm absolutely considering a Moto Ti.

I'm not sure if I'll get the heat (SRAM Rival) the Ti, or the SL Ti. That DA's a little rich for me right now.
Kinda funny, but I was looking at them recently, thinking that any of those would make a fine choice, since none are really terribly out of my budget. But it would be such a waste, as the simplicity of my single speed has won me over.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts