Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this site while doing some research about an old (early 60's?) Sunbeam I recently bought for my wife to ride around the neighborhood. After seeing that this site has sections for all types of cyclists I decided to join. I don't spend too much time online as I enjoy being outdoors more.

I grew up in Cary, NC back in the late 70's early 80's riding bmx. Didn't do any racing. Just some crazy dirt jumping and freestyle bmx. In the early 90's I jumped on my first MTB and rode those until my son was born in '08. I took a break from regular trail riding until this year. I just bought a used Cannondale F600 CAAD2 and plan to ride that bike for while. The previous owner never even hit the dirt with it so it's in great shape.

Hopefully I can get some pics up soon of that Sunbeam and try to figure out what year/model it is.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Welcome! There's another guy here, Cyclops, who is from Hickory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'm in Charlotte now. Moved from Cary in '98 and lived in AL for a while then TX.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
I work with a girl who was from NC and I mistakenly said she was SC. She just about kicked me in the pills and said [thick drawl] "I am NOT from South Carolina! South Carolina is the damn armpit of the south!".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I work with a girl who was from NC and I mistakenly said she was SC. She just about kicked me in the pills and said [thick drawl] "I am NOT from South Carolina! South Carolina is the damn armpit of the south!".
Haha... armpit. I bet she says she's from "Norf Curlina" :D

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Those that know me call me wild but at 66 mild is more like it. Hi from the Swamp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts