New Member From Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Casualcyclist, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Casualcyclist

Casualcyclist New Member

I just located this forum in a search.

I purchased my first new bicycle in 28 years after deciding to get back into cycling after many years.

I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome to the forums! Don't be surprised, it's one of the few "sports" that are truly practical. Ever tried to play hockey to get to work? ;)

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome! I tried it once industry. Ice skates only work on Ice. I didn't know that.

4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Hey Canada, welcome!

5. Casualcyclist

Casualcyclist New Member

6. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Greetings, Your story of getting back into riding is very familiar. Welcome!

7. Casualcyclist

Casualcyclist New Member

Here's some more of it.

My wife and I are motorcyclists.

She is facing potential knee replacement and was looking at a means of execrise, so she went to the local bike dealer.

She and I have 1981 Panasonic Tourists (I know this dates us :eek: )

She bought a Trek Navigator 3 WSD and was quite enthused. This prompted me to drag out the Panasonic but even when I was 29 and in good shape, I found it a bit of a "torture rack".

She dragged me, to the store one day, I was very disinterested.

The dealer sized me up and suggested I take a Navigator 2 out.

I took it around the block once "just to try it" with no intent to purchase, I liked it so much, I did another circuit rather than stopping at one. I bought it that day.

I am very pleased with my purchase and am working at getting into shape. I have gone up to 25 km in an afternoon, so far; not a lot by most forum member standards but not bad for an out of shape :eek: , 57 year old office guy.

I have been enjoying the local bike path so much, my Yamaha FJR1300 has been left in the garage :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome, Post often!