Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just located this forum in a search.

I purchased my first new bicycle in 28 years after deciding to get back into cycling after many years.

I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Don't be surprised, it's one of the few "sports" that are truly practical. Ever tried to play hockey to get to work? ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Greetings, Your story of getting back into riding is very familiar. Welcome!
Here's some more of it.

My wife and I are motorcyclists.

She is facing potential knee replacement and was looking at a means of execrise, so she went to the local bike dealer.

She and I have 1981 Panasonic Tourists (I know this dates us :eek: )

She bought a Trek Navigator 3 WSD and was quite enthused. This prompted me to drag out the Panasonic but even when I was 29 and in good shape, I found it a bit of a "torture rack".

She dragged me, to the store one day, I was very disinterested.

The dealer sized me up and suggested I take a Navigator 2 out.

I took it around the block once "just to try it" with no intent to purchase, I liked it so much, I did another circuit rather than stopping at one. I bought it that day.

I am very pleased with my purchase and am working at getting into shape. I have gone up to 25 km in an afternoon, so far; not a lot by most forum member standards but not bad for an out of shape :eek: , 57 year old office guy.

I have been enjoying the local bike path so much, my Yamaha FJR1300 has been left in the garage :)

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Welcome, Post often!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts