New Member in Newton, MA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grenouille, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Grenouille

Grenouille Grenouille

Poked around on a bike for years but have gotten semi-serious as running hurts the aged knees and is boring. Weekend warrior, in season I do say 40-50 mi over 2 days. Did my first charity ride this year (Pan Mass Challenge), now I'm hooked. Been riding an older hybrid, looking to upgrade before the snow melts.

2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Welcome aboard. Great to see more New Englanders here. Enjoy. :cool:

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

4. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Welcome. You must not be far from the Harris Bike Shop, home of the legendary Sheldon Brown [widely believed to currently be Jesus's bike mechanic]

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome...I do a lot of riding in your neck of the woods. Where do you ride?

6. Grenouille

Grenouille Grenouille

I was in Harris today, looking at possibilities to replace the old bike. (And if one wanted, one could buy a Sheldon Brown t-shirt...)

7. Grenouille

Grenouille Grenouille

I'm typically out into Dover/Medfield/Sherborn, easy loop from where I live. Or, up into Weston. Or, into town on the river paths. Where do you ride?

8. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I am a member of the Charles River Wheelmen, and the group puts on several rides that originate from the Needham area. Several Saturdays a month during the season I will ride the CRW "Saturday Fitness Ride" that leaves from Nahanton Park in Needham. The ride goes through Dover; almost to Holliston and then loops back. Problem with that ride is you really have to start early before it gets to crowded on the roads. But I have to say, there are great roads in that area; hands down. I also get my adrenaline rush by riding in the Wells Street Training Crit on Sundays.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome! Running is boring.