New member introduction...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jeepster93, Jul 23, 2009.

1. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Hey!

To introduce myself here is hard.
    Let's see...
    I am not a fast rider.
    I am fairly old(55 plus)
    I ride a lot. 100 miles a week anyhow.
    I have been very active with my bikes for several decades. I raced bikes when young, last road race was 1973 however. Last mnt bike race was 1995.
    Racing is a young persons game...
    My mountain bike has over 7600 miles on it, and goes to Moab regularly, as does my real hobby love...my Jeep.
    I ride a GT mountain bike that I built myself(right down to the wheels), and a Motobecane road (cyclocross) bike(I did not build).

Got the cyclo bike instead of a road bike because I (right/wrong) thought it would be heavier built, with some trails around here being gravel, I figured a tire with a bit of tread would be nice(coming from the Jeeping world where aggressive tires is the game too).

I also run...
    Bike in summer and run in winter, to keep my old and well used body going.

Going o run the Las Vegas Marathon in December, in fact(perhaps only the 1/2 marathon though, as I am also LAZY)

Tom

2. rayswrld

rayswrld New Member

welcome

nice resume and i only take offense with one thing........fifty five is not "fairly old"; at least not when you are looking at it from the other side

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Welcome, your wisdom from experience will be nice to have. Quick question, what is it like to ride on dirt that is younger than you?:D Rayswrld you can answer that question if you want to.:D

4. rayswrld

rayswrld New Member

You young whippersnapper

Ah, humor. I do recognize it as humor, right? :)

5. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Yes sir, doing my best to bring a smile to the face and a bounce to the step. It has been a long time since I have been called a young whippersnapper, that is usually my line.:p