Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know, I had asked @Merlincustom to assist with some moderator duties. He accepted his new role. I like his knowledge as well as love for the history of cycling. I think he'll add a balance to the forum.

Thanks, rola

·
Old, fat, and slow
987 Posts
Hmmmm ..... yeah, maybe. Fixed-gear, either once cures you or you are terminally infected .... and it is a horrible disease ..... Personally I have not even experimented with it .... worse than heroin and less fun, I hear, :D

S/S .... I have run two-speed when my rear derailleur cable snapped twenty miles from home .... I didn't see any particular appeal .... yet for some folks Fixed and S/S are the best. Takes all kinds. :D

I have seen pics of his Fixie, so it is sort of understandable why he cannot fight the demon .... it is a beautiful machine.

(Repositions tongue to keep from biting it.)

·
1,966 Posts
Hmmmm ..... yeah, maybe. Fixed-gear, either once cures you or you are terminally infected .... and it is a horrible disease ..... Personally I have not even experimented with it .... worse than heroin and less fun, I hear, :D

S/S .... I have run two-speed when my rear derailleur cable snapped twenty miles from home .... I didn't see any particular appeal .... yet for some folks Fixed and S/S are the best. Takes all kinds. :D

I have seen pics of his Fixie, so it is sort of understandable why he cannot fight the demon .... it is a beautiful machine.

(Repositions tongue to keep from biting it.)
It took me 54 years to get to the fixed gear party. I liked it right away. I ride it from the fall to spring clock changes. It’s great in winter for just laying down base, and when it’s too cold to shift because you’re wearing mittens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts