Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never being one to leave well enough alone, I installed a new set of Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Blackset Race 11 wheels on the 'Roub' this morning along with a set of Conti GP4000 S tires.

Took the bike out for a 20 mile shake down ride earlier and all I can say is... WOW! The Blacksets are 700 grams lighter than the stock Mavic wheels that came on the Roubaix and man did that make a difference. Normally on that 20 mile ride I can never seem to do better than an avg speed of around 16.5. I have 8 road crossings that kill my speed. Today with the same perceived effort I averaged 18.1 mph. The last time I averaged 18 mph over 20 miles I thought I was going to hurl ;-)

Where I noticed the biggest improvement was climbing hills.

All in all, that was probably the best money I could throw at my bike and it was worth every penny. Actually the Blackset's aren't that expensive.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
I keep hearing good things about those Blackset Race wheels. What hub and spoke count did you go with? How about a pic of the Roub's new shoes?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep hearing good things about those Blackset Race wheels. What hub and spoke count did you go with? How about a pic of the Roub's new shoes?
I need to clean the bike Saturday. Will take and post some pics for the wheels then.

Spoke count is 24 on the front and 28 on the rear (their standard configuration) and they use Pure hubs.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
cool, I'm guessing you still need to clean your bike. I'll look for a pic this weekend. :)

How are they working out for you after all these months?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weav, I thought I posted pics but obviously not :eek: Great wheels. I've put about 1500+ miles on them and they're as true and round as the day I first put them on.

·
1,200 Posts
Never being one to leave well enough alone, I installed a new set of Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Blackset Race 11 wheels on the 'Roub' this morning along with a set of Conti GP4000 S tires.

Took the bike out for a 20 mile shake down ride earlier and all I can say is... WOW! The Blacksets are 700 grams lighter than the stock Mavic wheels that came on the Roubaix and man did that make a difference. Normally on that 20 mile ride I can never seem to do better than an avg speed of around 16.5. I have 8 road crossings that kill my speed. Today with the same perceived effort I averaged 18.1 mph. The last time I averaged 18 mph over 20 miles I thought I was going to hurl ;-)

Where I noticed the biggest improvement was climbing hills.

All in all, that was probably the best money I could throw at my bike and it was worth every penny. Actually the Blackset's aren't that expensive.
checked out Bicycle Wheel Warehouse those are good deals!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts