Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a link for our new shifting system. We have spent the past year developing in some secrecy and just put it through a season of cyclocross with amateur and pro riders alike to stress test it.

It is now available for all to see:

retroshift | Mud Proof Shifting. Designed by Goats!

also quick video with demo of friction shifting: [ame=http://vimeo.com/33852295]Retroshift Index to Friction on Vimeo[/ame]

It was developed with 'cross in mind but I expect it will be of value to some riders in other areas like touring and commuting. I am quite hopeful that it will enable many to use older still good freewheels and friction shifting to get an STI type system on old beater bikes to and save much of this gear from the scrap pile.

We are hoping to sell primarily through retail. Product is built on an imported lever but all other work, and parts are made in the USA.

Thank you all for having a look.

Cheers!

Adam
Retroshift

·
Banned
430 Posts
This is cool. I like a lot of older stuff (like cheap freewheels), and think the Shimano STI are too much money and too delicate. Some are HEAVY too!

This was my answer to the problem:
(mtn bike shifter pods on drops)
It works well, and so far has not gotten plugged up. The levers are not hard to use normally, but if riding in the hoods, shifting requires 1 hand to move off the bar.

I saw some conversion clamps that use Shimano index/friction downtube shifters on the SIDES of the original style "aero" levers. I don't like them much though. Using old fashioned thumbies in a similar place does not feel good either. Kelly Take Offs was the name.

Old style downtube shifters seem to be hard to get new, unless buying Dura Ace or new old-stock. Do you know or have a source for new OEM replacement or used DT shifters?

·
Banned
430 Posts
I like yours because it doesn't have a lot of delicate internals like the STI (or campy, but who runs campy in mud?! ) shifters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts