Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a couple Bontranger Race All weater black/natural 700x25c tires at the LBS today for my trek utopia. Will those be good for road riding?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
The shop knew what you were putting those on, right. 25c seems awfully narrow for for those wheels. But assuming they will fit, yeah they'll be fast.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I told them 622x18 wheels on the trek utopia and they all said it'll fit good on it. I asked them are you sure a few times and they kept saying it will. Also there is some chart online that I saw that says it'll fit on the 18mm wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Cool. I think you'll be surprised at how much of a difference you'll feel. Just watch for rocks and gravel as those tires won't be as puncture resistant, especially since you'll be running a higher pressure. Have fun!

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is it not good to ride on trails with 700x25 tires? I only ride on light rails but sometimes I go over little rocks and sticks

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put them on finally. I tried yesterday but couldn't get it all the way on. I had to get a plastic tool to help me and it was so easy. I hope i can go faster now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Specialized Crosstrail
150 Posts
Wow those are pretty thin. Is that a shiny strip down the center of the tires? Never seen those! But Im looking at the pic from my phone screen so maybe I'm not seeing it right

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i don't think it's ment to be a shiney strip, it's just the flat part of rubber that you use when rolling. It just looks kinda shiney prolly cause it's new and clean.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the tires are 700x25 forte pro+ road tires. I got them at performance bike in virginia beach for $39. The max PSI is 130 on them. They seem real strong and I don't think it'll be an issue if I wanna ride on a light trail either, i think they could handle going over a stick or little rock here and there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts