Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my name is Mike and I am 17. I am an avid swimmer and got into cycling about 3 years ago in order to cross train. Since then i have found cycling to be much more enjoyable and now ride almost every day. I participate in triathlons and time trials and hope to start doing criteriums and races next year. I have a CFR comp scattante 2008, and a 2008 cervelo soloist carbon (2008) with zipp 404s. Have slowly been increasing mileage this summer and am now around 250-350 miles a week. I also enjoy doing organized group rides on the weekends and have so far completed 4 centuries this year. Looking forward to using the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Mike, a man after my own heart, I spent several years doing long distance rides sounds like you're a good candidate for The UMCA, have you completed a Double Century yet? Also check out RAIN a great ride across Indiana about 164 miles.

Good luck!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I just got back from vacation, nothing but swimming, which I'm not practiced in, but am still pretty good at, and it wiped me. I was eating at weird times of the day just trying to get my energy up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swimming is without a doubt harder, but I enjoy cycling much more because i dont have to stare at the black line at the bottom of the pool and the change of scenery is nice. Better yet i can breathe much more when cycling which is always nice :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i dont know about you but i like to stay aerobic when cycling, unless of course during racing or sprint intervals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts