Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone , found this site and thought i'd give it a ride ....no pun intended .
brought a entry level road bike about a two years ago,to get a good work out and found i really enjoy the sport . have done the local rides last year and am looking forward to venturing out this season to other cities and rides . not into racing as yet but like to try and keep up with the pack ," time and practice", looking forward to my first century .

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Glad to have you! Keep us updated on your progress. How far are you from Ashville? I hear that's a pretty cool town with some good riding, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Centuries are fun rides, they are hard and require a good bit of training, but they're not about the race as much as just enjoying the ride, friends, and fun of the whole thing... well at least in my opinion anyway. I see your in NC, but if you don't mind traveling I would suggest the America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride in Lake Tahoe. It's a beautiful century ride that really lives up to it's name... but be cautioned, work on your hill climbing cause you'll need some strong legs for that one.

Brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ALL , yes Ashville ,NC is a great place , plan on ridding on the blueridge this August ,( there is a ride ,check out bike rides in NC) and i;ve gotten into this sport because of what it expose's you to ,this great place we call earth,great sunrise's ,sunsets ,nature in its finest. I would like to finish my first century in a reasonably amout of time , but like Brad said i plan on enjoying it as well .

·
Two skinny J's
21,185 Posts
Hey, welcome ru! The Blue Ridge should be an AWESOME ride. I would like to do it in the fall, September time frame, maybe October

1 - 9 of 9 Posts