New to the East coast

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brazenboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

I look forward to do some road-biking on the West Manhattan bike-path / NJ roads. Need to get in shape for a ride in June; but would like to do many more before then.

Would welcome invites to 25 - 50 milers @ averaging about 16 miles/hr.

Brazenboy
    ;)

2. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

Mi Steel&Ti.

Attached Files:

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Nice! Welcome to Twospoke.com!

4. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

Thank you, now the snow must just subside so I can get back on my bike.

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!!

6. jjamison

jjamison fat guy on 2 wheels

welcome! :D
    nice Litespeed!

7. jagonz456

jagonz456 New Member

Ny nj

welcome to the forum. I am from NJ I ride in NYC and NJ if your on the west side bike path you should ride your bike over the George Washington Bridge and get on 9W. 9W is a bike friendly road that starts at the foot of the George Washington bridge and goes North to Bear Mountain Upstate NY. this is some of the best riding in the tri-state area you start in NJ and you bike all the way pass the state line back to NY the views are great. On any weekend you have a bunch of bikes hitting 9W. Groups form and meet at Strictly Bikes in Fort Lee NJ and ride from there. I know the west side bike path can get a little boring at times (and crowded) and there is only so many times you can go around central park. so for a change of scenery I suggest you cross over the George Washington and enjoy the ride.

8. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

Thank you for the information jagonz456,

I made these discoveries last year and I enjoyed going past the NJ/NY state-line and hitting a quaint little town which seems always still slumbering when I hit it by about 10:00 AM.

Are you riding yet? We should meet up. I know it's freezing still; but I am so antsy to get out that I'm prepared to really layer-up, just as long as I can get a few miles under the belt.

Talking about the belt, I really need to do something otherwise my waist will really begin indicating the extent to which my shape wasted since I was last riding.

9. jagonz456

jagonz456 New Member

ny/nj

No i am a punk I don't ride until the spring. I can't wait, I get my miles indoors in the winter. Like i said before you should stop by strictly bikes you have a lot of year round riders and weather doesn't effect them.

10. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

I'll go get them there. Thanks - See you in spring.

11. Brazenboy

Brazenboy New Member

I'll be there tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it went.