New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ron, May 12, 2010.

1. ron

ron New Member

Hello All,
    I am a Senior just starting to cycle again after many years. Am doing this for fun and health. Am in good health, other than circulation in my legs, and also need to lose some weight. I am in the process of buying a bike and want to choose between a Trek 7300 and a Cannondale Adverture 5. Am leaning toward the Cannondale due to the handle bar style. Any thoughts?

2. drissel

drissel New Member

Whatever you're comfortable with, whatever you can afford, but whatever will keep you riding!!!!!

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Fit is more important than anything else. When comparing bikes in the same price range, there shouldn't be any real difference in quality or features. So go for the one you feel is going to be most comfortable, and suit you best.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I wish I had some advice for you but I don't. Welcome to TwoSpoke!

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

HI I am a senior allso 65 and ride about every day I only started rideing about a year and a half ago. I hope you like riding as much as I do:thumbsup:.
    The bike fit is what you want, I would try a fue bike stores, find a bike you like and feels good. If thay don't let you ride it go to anouther store.

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Wild reminded me - a shop that will work with you on getting the best fit (adjusting seat, handlebars) should also be a top priority. A really good shop will sometimes swap bars, stems, and seats for you. At the very minimum, they should work with you on the correct stem length.

It's nowhere near as complicated as I make it sound though.