Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - I ride mainly road and mountain bike in the Northeast Georgia area. I'm an avid weekend warrior who wants to improve in all areas of two-wheeled endeavors. Suckin' down electrolytes while dodgin' roadkill! Wahoo!

·
Two skinny J's
21,191 Posts
Welcome! Ball Ground, just had to google that one!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey, I like the way you think :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am practicing to be the other type.

Old guys can be divided into two categories.

The first is normally called a coot. Yes, this is like the amphibious bird that hangs out around Morro Bay.
Coots are ready and willing to tell you what is wrong with where we are living, or how we are living.

The second is a geezer. A geezer is that real nice guy that tells the same story over and over. A geezer will even say."stop me if you,ve heard this before". A gezer will then proceed to tell you the same story...again.

Okay, I am a geezer in training. That is my intro...oh, wait.

Here is a shot of my wife and I on one of my favorite rides...Bitterwater Valley Road. There is a sign at the start of the road that say,"NO SERVICES NEXT 46 MILES". Lots or rollers and a few steep climbs.

These are the types of rides that make working okay.

·
Two skinny J's
21,191 Posts
Old guys can be divided into two categories.

The first is normally called a coot. Yes, this is like the amphibious bird that hangs out around Morro Bay.
Coots are ready and willing to tell you what is wrong with where we are living, or how we are living.

The second is a geezer. A geezer is that real nice guy that tells the same story over and over. A geezer will even say."stop me if you,ve heard this before". A gezer will then proceed to tell you the same story...again.

Okay, I am a geezer in training. That is my intro...oh, wait.

Here is a shot of my wife and I on one of my favorite rides...Bitterwater Valley Road. There is a sign at the start of the road that say,"NO SERVICES NEXT 46 MILES". Lots or rollers and a few steep climbs.

These are the types of rides that make working okay.
Love the photo, I would have guessed Kansas though :)
Great... I manage to fall into both the coot and geezer categories!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts