Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Hi from the Ozarks. I just moved here last week. Semi-retired and getting back into riding. Currently I have an old GT Edge road bike that I like to ride around town. However, I live next to the Katy Trail which is a gravel trail and that's where I want to focus my riding. My GT is not prepared for that kind of road so I spent $50 on a Bianchi Forza thinking of switching out the wheels to accommodate bigger tires and have a somewhat gravel bike. Am I stupid for wanting to do this? My plan is to strip the bike, paint it celeste and update some of the components. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 53253 View attachment 53253 View attachment 53254 View attachment 53253 View attachment 53254
Welcome! My apologies for not giving you a proper welcome to TwoSpoke. So pull up a saddle, pour a nice cup of coffee or whatever and sit for a spell.

Oh to be semi retired! I CAN NOT WAIT to be there, just a few more years

What part of the Ozark's did yo move to if it's any of my business, I mean in so far as what pat of the Katy trail?. We used to have another couple that frequented the site that had move along the Katy trail.

We used to go to the Ozark mountains in Missouri and Lake of the Ozark's as a kid. Used to love going there.

I would have to wonder on the Bianchi if the frame will accept much bigger / wider tires and wheels for riding gravel at least when compared to current gravel tore standards.

Well, to a certain point. The problem is they find themselves in storage boxes which become a bigger problem. Seriously though, I got divorced moved out but had to clean out all my junk (lots and lots of car parts from building old cars from the 30's 40's and 50's). Tons of old tube radios, old tools etc. It was 3 large dumpsters worth of junk!
That's A LOT of "junk"
Expensive hobby. I used to have to step onto the Snap-On truck and make that man rich each and every week. We moved not to long ago and I did the same. Sold THOUSANDS of dollars in tools rather than move them.

I always loved the classics but was more into turning my cash into noise. Way back in the day before an S-10 was an S-10 and known as a Chevy Luv, we stuffed a stroked 350 with a pair of Dominators poking through the hood with a Ford 9" in her. My wife drove that one time and got happy with the gas pedal, turned it around rather quickly and never got back in it...even as a passenger :D Of course that was one of many. I'd love to have that cash in my retirement fund now :D

I'm sure it was a ton more work finding and restoring the things you were doing.

Ok sorry for rambling on, time to sit and sip some coffee and wake up.

Again, welcome hope to see you around for a while!

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
" .... turned it around rather quickly .... " great euphemism. Back end a little light while the nose was a little heavy?

I could never afford cars, but I sure appreciated the efforts of madmen like yourself.
Absolutely, and there in lies the problem. I couldn't afford it either but I was young and dumb. I suppose now I'm just old and foolish :D

21 - 24 of 24 Posts