Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... I went to my LBS to pick up a new set of bibs I had ordered for the summer and ended up with a new set of tires. I have wanted to try the Vittoria branded tires and picked up a set today. I choose the Vittoria Diamante Pro tech tyres and I'm anxious to give them a spin. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I'm gonna have to wait until Monday but that's ok. I still have to pull my crank, clean and re-grease tomorrow anyway.

Attachments

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
i ride Vittoria open corca tires and like them.... let me know what you think of those after you ride them for a while.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
I have always wanted to ride the Vittoria Open corsa tires but I bought a set of Dura Ace 7850 SL tubeless and so I went with Hutchinson Fusion 3 Tubeless. I love them, but I'd love to try out a 320tpi tire and see how that feels.

My wifes new bike, a Parlee Z4 is wearing a pair of those Vitt Diamante Pro shoes right this moment and they ride nice, but I think my Fusion 3's corner a bit better.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Vittoria's are good tires, not as flat resistant and wear faster as a few other brands but they are fast rolling and comfortable. For everyday riding I buy brand name tires I find on major reduced pricing by searching the internet. Last year I found a Kenda Konstrictors on sale from $40 to $18 so I bought 4 pair, their a great long wearing, flat resistant tire that feels close to a Vittoria on the road but more durable. I use to spend $70 or so for tires because when I use to race I thought that was the thing to do, but I got wiser, I don't race and race or race/training tires don't hold up well to everyday riding, so I now I buy the lowest sale price brand name tire I find so I'm not out $70 or so when a tire gets destroyed after just 500 miles or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts