Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
How heavy are they?

They aren't bad looking and for the price you certainly aren't getting hurt too badly on them.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone linked to them on another site, and they seemed like a decent enough deal for the price. My LBS had a nice set of wheels marked down to roughly the same price, but they were a bit too much on the light side for our crappy roads in the winter. I may go back and get them to keep as summer spares though.

Anyway, these look like they just need a little extra attention to the bearings and a cone adjustment, (probably normal at this price) then I'll stress-relieve the wheels and give them a touch-up truing. Out of the box, they seem OK.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Hmmm good price. Cones and balls are better than cheap industrial in my book. Are the sidewalls OK for brakes or are they "true" track rims? They'll probably be pretty harsh for commuting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ebay stuff

Although ebay stuff is ok, I would stay away from any bike parts on ebat, unless it is say, someone selling a RockShox SID. The mass market ebay bike shops seem sketchy. I have worked on many ebay bike parts and they always have some issue. On the other hand, I have heard many people who get lucky, and receive a great bike part. Btw, the wheels look nice, deep dish, always look good.

the velocity B43 rims are very nice as well.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,504 Posts
I'm also interested in hearing how they run brake-wise. This may be the perfect set for the new (old) Schwinn beater I picked up.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've bought and sold enough bike parts on eBay (more than 1,000 transactions) that I'm not really too worried. Seems like the bike part folks are the most honest.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some photos of them on the bike, if anyone is interested. Oh, no comments about the brakes, OK? :) I can't be bothered to remove them right now, but I don't think they'll actually function with these rims in cold/wet weather.

Attachments

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Although ebay stuff is ok, I would stay away from any bike parts on ebat, unless it is say, someone selling a RockShox SID. The mass market ebay bike shops seem sketchy. I have worked on many ebay bike parts and they always have some issue. On the other hand, I have heard many people who get lucky, and receive a great bike part.

I have made well over 350 purchases on ebay... 99% of them bike parts, from private parties, companies, from Germany, UK, Switzerland, US, Italy, France, Lithuania, Poland, China, used and new, everything you can imagine from frames to wheels to vintage tubulars.... never any issues with anything. 99.9% of the buyers and sellers are interesting people who love bikes (kinda like the folks here as a matter of fact) and are fun to deal with. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts