Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new set of wheels today at Conte's..

Thanks Walter

·
717 Posts
Charles (his brother?) at Conte's Richmond always treats us good.
Nice wheels...notice a big difference?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walter is a great guy and outstanding shop owner... He really takes care of people...

I have only taken them out in front of the house so far (started raining), but they do ride nice... Saved 221 grams changing wheels...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sweet!! Do you mind informing me/us what you switched from?? I too am looking to switch wheels soon.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!! Do you mind informing me/us what you switched from?? I too am looking to switch wheels soon.
My second bike had a set of American Classic CR-420's and at my #225 they did flex on me. I was riding a set of Vuelta Corsa Pro's on the team bike pictured and traded the CR-420's + cash for the Eastons and moved the Vuelta's to the second bike.

I really like the Vuelta's and will see how these ride...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just took them out on a 26 mile ride. They are very smooth and ride great...

The best part is they hold my #223 carcass up...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks that's a great point, especially since my # is a god-like 252. lol! thanks and nice bike again.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Nice looking bike! Have told myself I have to ride my Hybrid until next April then I can get a 'real' road bike. Hope I can hold out till then.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
About a week or so ago I comming back from Ocean City and desided to stop at Tuckahoe bike shop. When I pulled in there was a rim on the ground, one of them Hi dollar carbon ones , I managed to not run over it. I picked it up and went in side and was kiding with the mecanic that he fogotten to tighten some ones wheel befor thay left. Turns out that someone had just put there bike in on there SUV and left the rim laying on the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those wheels look nice. My prior bike had Mavic Ksyrium SL(2010) and my new bike has Bontrager Race Lites(2011). It appears the Bontragers RLs are not getting high reviews on the web. Anyone has experience with either of these wheels to help with comparison?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts