New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxCyclist, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Have you decided on them yet?

For me in 2010 I would like to cut out almost all TV watching and go back to reading books.

2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Not sure, but right now I might hold the world record for the longest-kept one...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Get a new job,and learn Spanish. The later will be helpful for the former in my line of work.

4. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

None.... I've always been under the assumption that resolutions are a great way to set one's self up for disappointment (if yer really, really serious, like quitting smoking or drinking)..There's plenty of life's disappointments to go around without having to burden yerself with self imposed, artificially educed delima's. SHEESH!! Me thinks me gave myself a brain anyorism after that one.;) Now....where's that mirror so I can get back to working on that lobotomy and the word association game. :eek:

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm chronically disappointed by life so I think I'll be alright. Ole'? See I'm working on mine.

If they would spell Spanish phonetically I could probably write a little more.

6. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

fun, I'm barely literate in English and can speak enough French to ask directions or if "the lady has been tested." So I'm always amazed at the people I know from off the British Isles who speak several languages fluently. It is the exception in Europe for one to speak only his native language.

Trying to learn a different language is always a good thing. Spanish would seem the most appropriate for a Texan. Fortunately we have a wider Rio Grand to our south to keep the French away from us. You can't beat a good moat.

7. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

Oh Geez..Thanks!! Just blew Pepsi out the nose and onto the keyboard.:D Yeowy:eek:

8. djcyberlegend

The last one I made has now been intact for 26 years and counting... :D

9. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Okay, what is it? If it's anything to do with your hands I couldn't make 26 hours.

10. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

Talk about watching too much Seinfeld.

11. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

I'm out. Here's your fifty dollars.

12. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I'm getting married in June. I don't make resolutions, but I want to look good in a tux, and don't want to come from our honeymoon with a lot of debt.

13. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

"The Contest" was the 51st episode of the NBC sitcom, Seinfeld. The eleventh episode of the fourth season, it aired on November 18, 1992. Probly be more like $100 wager, now. What with inflation, deflation, recession, homogenization, and what ever else 'tion' you can come up with.

14. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I don't normally do NYR's; last one I called a resolution was to stop making resolutions! Believe that was '03....

I HAVE made a commitment, though, to quit allowing myself excuses for not riding on days off, weather permitting. ('Weather permitting' usually means 40F & above, and usually not pouring rain.)

15. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I have resolved not to make any resolutions this year.:thumbsup:

Oh man I already broke it!!!:eek: Now on to the wallowing in self despair and disappointment for my failure.:(

OK I'm done wallowing, someone hand me a beer.:p

16. djcyberlegend

That resolution, which I made when I was 15 on NY Eve 1983-1984, was not to break any resolutions I made in the future. I haven't made any since then - none made, none to be broken... :D

I made that one in the aftermath of ones I made before that that I never kept, might be time to call Guinness soon... :D

17. JohnyCarter19

JohnyCarter19 Guest

@ djcyberlegend

I know what you mean. If I make a goal, then I make it. I don't put it off till the New Year because it's any other day. I think the New Year can bring in a feeling of refreshment though.

18. Smiley

Smiley New Member

None to be made here. Set a goal on any day of the year....just need to find what goal to set now. :D

19. Sickmont

Sickmont Member

Get my pilot's license and learn to tango. Nah, pretty much just cut back on the gin and vodka.