Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! the name is James, most call me Jay. I'm nearly 19 and a college student at a community college in Troy, NY. I live in Albany currently but will be shipping off to the country at the end of the month and hopefully by next fall will have chosen a good transfer school not in the area.

My (new) ride is a Schwinn that I bought used off of someone on Craigslist. It's a 10 speed with 24" tires. My coworkers call it a clown bike, but I'm short so it works. I love it so far although in the 2 days I've owned it I've somehow managed to run over a thumb tack along the way and now need to get the tire plugged - fail!

My old ride was stolen. It was a Glacier Point by Magna 24" mountain bike that I also bought off craigslist. I loved it, but I also love my new bike.

My purpose for being here is to get more into the cycling community. It's something I'd like to pick up and make a major part of my life even though I won't be able to trade in my car just yet. I'll be sure to add my bike to the bike registry ASAP, I just need to get a picture on my computer first.

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard. Like you I just bought a Chicago Schwinn two days ago, still cleaning
it up.
Enjoy the bike & this forum is great.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm not 100% sure of what year my Schwinn was made or any of that because I didn't talk to the owner face to face (his sister sold it to me because he was at work) so I definitely need to do some research.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts