Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here to twospoke.com and one Mr Painter of Integrate suggested I join up here :)
Love cycling and all things cycling related.
My favourite would be mtb which I started riding Feb 1990 and continue to do today :)

I have been fortunate enough to work in the bicycle industry, predominantly as mechanic/sales person since 1990 and seen many changes through the years.

My current bikes are;
1990 Ritchey P23 vintage rebuild, under construction.
2011 Charge Duster with full XT group (ridden most)
1989 Giant escaper, picking up Monday :) (hanging to see this one)
1989 Cannondale R300 (stationary trainer bike)
with more to come in future :)

Cheers
Shane

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Welcome to two spokes.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Welcome to TwoSpoke. You going to enlighten us with your bike experience? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Shane is
an AWESOME wrench resource, and it will be great to have him on the site.

Plus, he's an Aussie, and he says things like al-Lu-minium!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Shane is
an AWESOME wrench resource, and it will be great to have him on the site.

Plus, he's an Aussie, and he says things like al-Lu-minium!
I was responsible for shipping about a million pounds of aloominnium every week. And if Shane starts talking about stopping at the servo down the street for a shiver after taking the ruggies to Macca's, I'll understand completely.

When I visited QLD, I stayed at Half Moon Bay, right on a golf course. Driving through Cairns, I was surprised that every third shop had a sign with XXX over the door or in the window. It didn't mean what I thought it meant.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can already see that this site is going to be a blast :thumbsup:

plenty of quick witted banter so I should fit in here well :D

You will hopefully get used to my "accent" and terminologies over time ;)

Cheers

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Shane, Welcome
Say something ~ make a splash.
You got me thinking Andy, so here goes.
My passion in cycling is mountain biking which I have ridden and raced from 1990-2006 when I last raced. I still ride occasionally and would like to return to competing at a lesser level as training permits :)

During my time competing I have completed triathlons including Ironman, running events including marathons and ultras (sorry Al :thumbsup:) cross country mtb races and 12-24hr solo mtb events.

I have been very fortunate to also wrench on many professional athletes bikes over the years and these riders have collected National, World and Olympic titles which has given me a great sense of satisfaction. Having ridden mtb from 1990 I have seen and worked on all the varying technologies that have come and gone and the same can be said for Road and Tri/TT tech as well. I am very passionate about all things mechanical and am currently building a 1990 Ritchey P23 amongst some other things, including possibly the new Ritchey P27.5 with XTR groupo :D Might have to wait a while for that one though :(

Cheers
Shane

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Welcome, I'd say you bring a wee bit of experience and knowledge! Great to have ya here :D

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
So explain, because I read this and it sounds like something that'd happen in Amsterdam or the Bunny Ranch and ends up with some Valtrex. . .
Quite the opposite. Australians are more colorful with their English, and how they use it. In addition to shortening a lot of words, they speak Strine - far cough and fairy nuff are two of my favorite examples.

I hope Shane isn't too proper. I miss my Aussie mates and their banter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts