Newbie, Transplant

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by worthlees, Oct 12, 2010.

1. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Hi Every one, I'm a green horn to multi-speed bikes , plus haven't rode a bike
    in 50 years and that was an old Schwinn single speed . Since moveing from TX
    to be with my sweetie have seen oddles of bikes & my lady had an old Roadmaster 15 speed that I cleaned up . Been surfing the forums trying to find
    friendly ones that kick me out since I haven't a quality bike. Figured start with
    a clunker & if I can master the gears & can ride with King Arthor joint aches ,
    will up grade next spring to another Schwinn . Craiglest here has several Calenties & Cross Cuts that sound good. Think this forum looks begainer friendly
    more than a bunch that are out there. Thank you'll , fair winds & ride safe .

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Welcome! Hopefully we make you feel anything but your screen-name. Good to have ya!

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome to TwoSpoke!

4. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Thank you'll very much ! A dispatcher hug that nick name on me 30yr. ago ,
    averaged out 190k hi way miles a year.

5. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

It's very beginner friendly. Don't be intimated by all the gears. If its too easy to pedal, shift. If its too hard to pedal, shift the other way. Texas is really bike friendly. Michigan is really bike friendly anytime but winter. Trouble is there are only two seasons in Michigan. Winter and the 4th of July and if it rains that day, biking is tough. Even if it doesn't rain, I once watched fireworks on the 4th with the bank building reading 39 degrees. lol

Anyone know if they make studded tires for a bike???

6. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey. The main thing is have FUN

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Yup, have fun.

Welcome and be sure to post.