Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new Diamondback comfort bike to get back into bicycling. Have not been a regular rider for many many years. At 63 I have decided that biking is a life sport I can get into. I need to loose some weight and get some muscle-tone back to these old legs.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamp. I hope you like rideing as much as this 66 year old :eek: :D

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Started riding this summer at 55 yrs. I love it and your right it is a sport for life. Suffered cancer for a year starting in Jan. 2009 and now I am clean and green...so i'm getting my body in better shape than it's been in for 25 yrs. Like you I need to loose a little and get my legs built....we'll get there! So glad your riding again...wish I had started many years ago.

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard ! Just started riding geared this fall am 65 . Old dogs can learn new
tricks , we're just more cautious . Riding for same reason as you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the camera out and shot the new bike. It is plain and simple, but I want to add fenders and lights.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice ride....you say your going to add lights to it. Are you planning on doing some night/low light riding; or do you just want to be more visible in traffic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mostly for the visibility, but it does not get really cold here so some evening cruising might be in store.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very nice...I wish I could get out for the evening rides, but the roads in my area are in such poor shape, that I wouldn't feel comfortable riding on them without a good deal of light; more then I am going to get from bike lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts