Two Spoke Forums banner

How often would you like to see the newsletter emailed out?

• The current "about once a month" is fine

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Twice a month would be twice as nice

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Weekly, if it's got good content

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • There's a newsletter?

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I only subscribe for the photos

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, the TwoSpoke.com newsletter is published about once a month. We'd like to know if members think that's often enough, or they would like to see it twice a month, or even once a week. Before voting in the poll, keep in mind that going forward, it's going to contain any current coupon codes or promotions, as well as contests/giveaways.

We're also going to try to improve on the content a bit. It's for the members, so we want to make it worth your time to read. A little added value. :)

Your feedback is welcome, good or bad.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about I bribe some replies out of our members? Vote, and then post a comment. I'll choose a member at random to send some swag to.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I enjoy newsletters. Hot topics, pro cycling news, site news, stuff like that I guess.

More articles would be awesome! You know, fundamentals, trends, health topics, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
monthly news letters are fine. Maybe you can add a member spotlight article where you can do a write up about the real person.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
davereo said:
monthly news letters are fine. Maybe you can add a member spotlight article where you can do a write up about the real person.
I like that idea. Maybe add a new member summary.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
People love member spotlights, recipes for some reason and relevant articles. At least those are the traffic trends in our studio newsletter.

Caption contests usually do well too.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. Anyone else have anything to add? There's no time limit on this poll or thread. Just looking for some feedback.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I suspect integrate can provide some great nutritional information for the newsletter! Member spotlights, industry trends, etc seem like good topics.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The way it's laid out right now, there's the intro, then links to certain threads. We'd prefer to keep that format, as it makes the articles available to everyone. But we could make sure you don't miss the most informative/useful/entertaining threads. And I do like the member spotlight.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Haven't been receiving it. I get all of the e-mails from the threads I subscribe to, but no newsletter. I'll check the filters to make sure I'm not trashing or spaming it. But if not sign me up.

·
Don't Call Me Shirley
18 Posts
I think once a month is good, but if the content remained valuable I wouldnt mind seeing it every two weeks.

The issue with simply posting articles or threads from this site, is that the people who want to read the newsletters are already reading the new posts daily. The be relevant for more than a monthly newsletter, it would have to offer more than what I read here every day.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your input. Keep in mind that the newsletter goes to everyone, not just those actively posting, but members that haven't logged in lately.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this when it was initially posted. I think once month is fine. Even thought I do look at newsletter when I receive it, I honestly don't get a great deal of value from it. If I had a life and didn't frequent the forum multiple times daily I'd probably get more value from it :) Would be nice if it had some tidbit of info that could only be found there. Maybe a featured member, Maybe just a 'From the editor' column like you see in the front of most magazines. Dunno... something to think about.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, the new newsletter is beginning to take shape:

Spotlight a noteworthy member, offer something not necessarily found on the site, and highlight the past month as well as mention what the future holds. (That means giveaways, usually)

·
Don't Call Me Shirley
18 Posts
Industry_Hack said:
Ok, the new newsletter is beginning to take shape:

Spotlight a noteworthy member, offer something not necessarily found on the site, and highlight the past month as well as mention what the future holds. (That means giveaways, usually)
Bingo! I'd read that!

·
348 Posts
I need to check my settings. I get so much spam I seldom sign up for newsletters but I actually would like to see this one! The ideas below sound fun, member interviews, training articles. Maybe a feature where various members are asked to write am article based upon a topic or comments they've made on the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts