Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using carbon seat post on my carbon farm. The seat post making noise after ride 30-40 min. And i need to tight up the seat post every time before ride. i check the clamp and the bolt, it looks fine with no problem
did any one know how to fix it to avoid the noise??

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I had the same problem, both with slippage and noise. The shop mech sent me home some carbon-on-carbon grease similar to this and it stopped both issues. The little he gave me lasted about 9 months, so I'd recommend asking you LBS to put some on for you instead of buying the whole can.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
What xela posted should do the trick.

The only other thing I would add is make sure you are using a torque wrench when tightening the screws on the binder. The torque values for the fastners on your bike have been placed there for a good reason.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A good little trick is to put a drop of nail polish on the bolt threads before installing it. It works like lock tight. First I would check with your LBS to make sure that this is not contra-indicated. Creaks can drive you nuts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup: 80% noise gone
I had the same problem, both with slippage and noise. The shop mech sent me home some carbon-on-carbon grease similar to this and it stopped both issues. The little he gave me lasted about 9 months, so I'd recommend asking you LBS to put some on for you instead of buying the whole can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts