Noseless saddle, any experience?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by PimpMan, Feb 10, 2018.

1. PimpMan

PimpMan New Member

I am 190 LB, i ride city bicycle in upright position and refer saddle where i actually sit softly, opposed to hang on it with my bones.

Extra wide or nose-less saddle is what i need, anyone has personal experience with those can recommend a good one?

So far my options are, if you have first hand experience with any of those please share.

[​IMG]

Here's interesting article about the nose-less saddles, every time i'd see this saddle in the past i would think same - they made for fat people who dont fit on regular saddle or some old sick people etc.

John_V likes this.
  2. superj

superj still learning Tavern Member

No idea from me. My seat is totally different than those

3. MilesR

MilesR Mom's Taxi

Isn't your seat more like a lazy boy?

4. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

The YMCA put on a ride last spring and not many showed up. One guy was there with a noseless saddle and he said it was the best thing ever invented. He said he has had no issues since he installed it. He disappeared somewhere along the way and didn't finish. It wasn't that long a ride (36 mile, lots of hills). I wasn't convinced but who knows it might be worth a try.

John_V likes this.
  5. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

Best thing about a noseless seat is it isn't sniffin your balls or putting the co-pilot to sleep.

John_V and superj like this.
  6. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

The thing I noticed about the noseless saddle is any long rides you go on you don't see people using them. I see them on cruiser bikes on the paved bike trail and comfort bikes.

John_V and i12ride like this.
  7. John_V

John_V Well-Known Member Tavern Member

They’re OK if your rides are short and slow. They don’t offer much stability at moderate or higher speeds. They also don’t offer much in the way of position changes.

longjohn likes this.
  8. superj

yup. that's why I cannot help on this stuff. I just sit back and kick my feet up

John_V likes this.
  9. newleaf150

newleaf150 Deranged Touring Cyclist Tavern Member

I considered one early on due to various comfort issues. Ultimately realized that I use the nose of the saddle for both stability and occasional fine steering input/feedback. Several nosed saddles later, I found one which proved comfortable.

Regardless of how you end up going, here's hoping you find the saddle that's right for you.

longjohn and John_V like this.
  10. cybersnow

cybersnow Senior Tavern Member

Tried a number of saddles trying to deal with numbness in the privates area. I ride sitting almost upright so this was a real problem. I settled for a Brooks B67 that I purchased used. After I played a bit with saddle location and tip angle, I can now to 1/2 centuries with no pain or numbness.

superj and DaFlake like this.
  11. superj

I have always wanted one of those for my upright bike but i bougjt a bontrager seat about 5 years ago on the clearance rack from the bike store and i love it. I ha e switched it to a few bikes because i like ir so much.

If my oldest son ends up not wanting his giant defy4, i will put this seat on his bike for when my bike is on the trainer. I really like that defy4