Not sure where this should go...

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Norman, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Norman

Norman Guest

But does anybody know how Shimano sizes their shoes? I don't want to get the size and wear and then get them in mail only to find out that their sizes run big/small. Does anyone know if they run wide, narrow? Long, short? I have a narrow and small foot. I was looking at the shimano R215 shoe. Anybody have any experience with them or the Shimano brand at all?

2. jeepwithnoname

jeepwithnoname New Member

Good question... I wear a size 12 Chuck Taylor and I got the same size in my Shimano mountain bike shoe and it fits me pretty tight. Now I have gotten used to this. I was told that specialized sports shoes... i.e. rock climing shoes.... should fit pretty snug. Don't know if this is true but after a couple of hours of riding, I can't wait to get those things off.

Maybe I am off base and need to be schooled. I'd like to get some other people's opinion on this one too. That is if you don't mind me hangin' out on your thread like a barnicle or anything.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009

3. Kennan

Kennan Guest

I love my chucks! Don't have any Shimano's though, unfortunately.

4. jeepwithnoname

jeepwithnoname New Member

Just an update.... I heard that cycling socks don't just look cool, they are sort of a compression sock. Well.. since I am too cheap to just go out and spend a ton of money on something like this I decided to use a pair of tight fitting socks I have. WOW!!!!! What a difference. I told some fellow bikers and they laughed and said... "Now imagine that type of comfort that breathes better.. and looks cool."