Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dedicated to the "old codger" and other people who think it's funny. Also welcome to discuss the safety aspects and political trials of nude cycling activists or athletes and the politics of attractive people riding in "revealing" clothing. hahahahahaa
http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f27/spotted-ride-7246/index4.html#post68285

qmsdc15
Bikes

Please stop stinking up this thread. I found Salvage's [note Saugus18's photo, not Salvage bikes] post to be in poor taste, and I doubt he actually took the photo. I didn't call him out, I tried to take it light and play along, but I'm afraid I' have had my fill.

His photo has generated a lot of interest though, much more than most of the pictures I've posted, so I suggest he, or anyone else base enough to do so, to start a thread on the theme of voyeuristic photographs taken of women from behind without their knowledge. Similarly ignoble viewers can enjoy and comment.

This thread is not the place, take it elsewhere. Thank you.

05-13-2012, 01:05 PM #143
rola643
TwoJ

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvage_bikes
Did you make a beeline for her behind?

I'm sure she is used to the attention.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/63550_1252913140849_1770170043_465077_2514675_n.jp g
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmsdc15
Please stop stinking up this thread. I found Salvage's post to be in poor taste, and I doubt he actually took the photo. I didn't call him out, I tried to take it light and play along, but I'm afraid I' have had my fill.

His photo has generated a lot of interest though, much more than most of the pictures I've posted, so I suggest he, or anyone else base enough to do so, to start a thread on the theme of voyeuristic photographs taken of women from behind without their knowledge. Similarly ignoble viewers can enjoy and comment.

This thread is not the place, take it elsewhere. Thank you.
I understand what you are saying qms, but I'm betting the bank there is a reason someone wears shorts like these(above) to ride in , just say'n. We do need a nice thread say on The FixFixFix

05-13-2012, 02:47 PM #144
Dos_Ruedas

Bikes

Much agreed Rola!!!

A person would have to be pretty naive to believe someone actually rides like that.
(except that old codger that was arrested for riding nude on his unicycle earlier this week)
That type of picture is posed for, with lighting to get the image just right.

I hope that either a separate thread be started for these, or better yet, the webmaster refrain from allowing them all together.

Anyway, when I want that image in my face, I invite my beautiful wife to ride point.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Why did you call this the Nude unicycling thread? They are fully clothed, and on bicycles :D What did I miss?

The mult-quote function would help clean up the look of your thread a well, just say'n

----*EDIT*----
Yea, my bad, TheFixfixfix can be a bit provocative, my apologies to everyone!

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Civility is my middle name :eek:

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's very civil so far. No one has posted provocative photos of the nude unicyclist mentioned in the original thread, and no one has gone on a tirade about it. I started this thread at the recommendation of the complainants.

The "Nude unicycling" thread came about as a response to this post by a guy whining about someone posting a photo of an attractive woman in cycling tights. Sorry, I don't know how to do the fancy post copying yet. Please explain.
"
05-13-2012, 02:47 PM #144 http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f27/spotted-ride-7246/index4.html#post68795
Dos_Ruedas

Bikes

Much agreed Rola!!!

A person would have to be pretty naive to believe someone actually rides like that.
(except that old codger that was arrested for riding nude on his unicycle earlier this week)
That type of picture is posed for, with lighting to get the image just right.

I hope that either a separate thread be started for these, or better yet, the webmaster refrain from allowing them all together.

Anyway, when I want that image in my face, I invite my beautiful wife to ride point."

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I googled "nude unicyclist" for curiosity, and saw this. Maybe this is what they meant.
In other news, American nudists/cyclists have escaped charges, by appealing against charges of indecency, by pointing out that the charges require deliberately being sexually provocative, or other points in the law.
Similarly, large groups (multiple thousands of riders) of naked cyclists in Oregon, for the World Naked Bike Ride, have negotiated with police on similar interpretations of their state's laws, that exercising in the nude was not an offense, even though publicly disrobing could be charged. So they were allowed to disrobe in private buildings or event dedicated buildings, and warned by police that if there were complaints, they would be charged if they didn't put pants or underwear on.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2012/05/16/247694.htm
Naked Unicyclist in Texas Charged with Distracting Drivers
May 16, 2012
Email ThisPrintNewsletters

inShare
Article
5 Comments
Police say a man arrested in a Southeast Texas city for riding his unicycle in the nude was distracting drivers and creating a hazard.

Kemah police Chief Greg Rikard says 45-year-old Joseph Glynn Farley was not intoxicated or impaired when he was arrested on a bridge in the city 20 miles southeast of Houston.

Rikard says Farley had been falling off the unicycle and into traffic.

Farley told officers that he liked the feeling of riding without his clothes, which were found at the base of the bridge.

Police charged Farley, of Clear Lake, with misdemeanor indecent exposure. Bond is set at $1,500.

Online jail records did not list an attorney for Farley.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've only been cycling nude a few times, and it was rather nice, like skinny dipping (swimming nude). I haven't gone on a public route though, because of fear of arrest, and sunburn, and maybe roadrash. Ouch. I don't think it's a crime though. I really don't care if people bike nude. The hippy protests are annoying though. I don't really think "cars are coffins", or that everyone in America ought to ride a bike, especially naked. I can't see arresting someone though simply because they are naked. In my experiences nudists are usually polite and keep to themselves, but some exhibitionists can be rather rude. There are plenty of charges on the books for lewd acts and sexual harassment, so I don't see what's the big deal if someone rides a bike naked if they aren't pestering anybody. I might laugh though. Especially if they have something retarded painted on their back.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
Tried it once. Lost the seat. Never again.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't understand your post. If you mean I should wear a cycling garment with a spandex construction and a chamois pad, I'd rather not. I do not like the chamois pads. I'll wear compression shorts at least though, because I'm pretty sure Walmart and 7/11 are pretty serious about that No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service thing. It doesn't say pants, but I expect that's a given.

www.peopleofwalmart.com

Seriously though, I usually wear old Dockers because they are comfortable and give more protection from falls and scratches on the mtn. bike trails. Cargo shorts work pretty well too.

what about a chamois:confused:

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nude Unicyclist caught on dash cam, arrested.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47373974#47172776
(blurred out for tv) (compilation news video, not about the arrested man :45-1:xx, 76 yo woman drives car through grocery store, claims she "hit the gas instead of the brake" :eek:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAZl0LlOLA8[/ame]
youtube of naked unicyclist reported for swerving in traffic

Caught on cam: Cops bust nude unicyclist

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/... Channel/nc_nude_unicycle_120511.standard.jpg

Dashcam video shows Texas cops arresting a 45-year-old, nude unicyclist. Police say the culprit told them he was riding naked because he "liked the way it felt." KPRC-TV's Ryan Korsgard reports.
---------------------------------------------

Freezing their butts off in Cork Ireland
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/cheeky-cyclists-expose-stark-dangers-on-roads-2264940.html

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00633/bike1_indo_633124t.jpg

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
What is with cyclists that make them think it's OK to run around naked? I never understood that. OK, lets raise the taste level of the thread a little bit....

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,152 Posts
Nigal,

Many more people than just cyclists are into streaking/nudism - we just focus on the cyclists 'cause that's our thing (cycling that is - I won't speak to the urge to lose one's clothes). Personally, I think I'd be concerned about road rash from a fall...also, I really appreciate the padding in my cycling shorts...

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've ridden nude before on a dare by some friends, its not that comfortable i mean i like the topless feel but i agree with newleaf about the shorts padding.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you think this thread is tasteless, you can butt out and go find your sense of humor. :D

If you're whining about the Irish nudists, I liked the picture. I think that looks more appealing than many American nude cycling protests with disgusting slogans painted on the backs or obviously sexual behaviors or symbols and signage deliberately aimed at offending motorists.

What is with cyclists that make them think it's OK to run around naked? I never understood that. OK, lets raise the taste level of the thread a little bit....

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cycling does seem to be attractive to exhibitionists because it offers both speed and a little anonymity, and some very nice sensations from both the exercise and the operation of the machine through wind, sun, and varying terrain.

Personally I think the nude protestors are generally less interested in the protest and more interested in the fun of "running around naked" as you put it.

Still, if it's legal, they can invoke their rights, and it becomes a cultural issue. If they are peaceful, and not deliberately offensive (like PETA is deliberately offensive in my opinion), I sympathize with them more than rude activists, even if the naked thing really doesn't do much for debate about their pet issue.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
If you think this thread is tasteless, you can butt out and go find your sense of humor. :D

If you're whining about the Irish nudists, I liked the picture. I think that looks more appealing than many American nude cycling protests with disgusting slogans painted on the backs or obviously sexual behaviors or symbols and signage deliberately aimed at offending motorists.
Now I never said it was tasteless, I was just inferring the level could be raised by a classy lady on a bike. I still hold to my own personal opinion that there is "good naked" on a bike and "bad naked" on a bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts