Two Spoke Forums banner
261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
Anything over 45mph, and even August afternoons in Texas were quite bearable, though not really comfortable.
No sale...you must live out west where it's a "dry" heat. I live in SE TX and there is nothing quite bearable about 100 with 80-100% humidity. It can be surviveable with water and shade but if you want quite bearable and/or to stay dry, there is an AC involved.

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
its ok here on the coast when its super hot and humid, as long as the wind is blowing, it is livable. we go to Houston every once in a while and the kids don't even want to get out of the car because of no wind

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
Livable, doable, surviveable...yes. Quite bearable....not for me. Quite bearable means not hot enough to make me sweat with no exertion. That can happen in shade with a breeze and the right clothing at the beach or lake. Others may have their own definition of quite bearable. Quite bearable doesn't happen around here until Thanksgiving or Christmas for me. 75 for Christmas is quite bearable but not really what I would call comfortable. Comfortable for me is like a 45-70 degree range with low humidity. (more like Jan/Feb)

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
No sale...you must live out west where it's a "dry" heat. I live in SE TX and there is nothing quite bearable about 100 with 80-100% humidity. It can be surviveable with water and shade but if you want quite bearable and/or to stay dry, there is an AC involved.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
My kind of road.

That's a lie! I see a sign pole, 2 signs, strip of asphalt, telephone poles/wires, sand, desert flora and fauna & some mountains. none of that spells absolutely nothing...signmaker feature fail. :D

Also enjoying the concept of warning people about nothing.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
This one necessitated a change in the day's planned route:
Orange Font Red Material property Brick

The text reads:
"Do Not Enter - Trail Closed Through November 14. Plague was confirmed at the prairie dog colony at Hungry Horse Open Space. To take prudent measures for public safety, Cherry Creek Regional Trail will be closed through the treatment period. For more information call..."

That'd be a nope on that route for now. For anyone in the Parker area, the closure begins ~2mi South of Stroh Road, blocking MUP access to both the Pinery and Scott Road. Not sure how far it extends.

Attachments

·
Still learning . . .
1,289 Posts
This one necessitated a change in the day's planned route:
View attachment 24432

The text reads:
"Do Not Enter - Trail Closed Through November 14. Plague was confirmed at the prairie dog colony at Hungry Horse Open Space. To take prudent measures for public safety, Cherry Creek Regional Trail will be closed through the treatment period. For more information call..."

That'd be a nope on that route for now. For anyone in the Parker area, the closure begins ~2mi South of Stroh Road, blocking MUP access to both the Pinery and Scott Road. Not sure how far it extends.
By the time I got to that sign, it was obvious that folks were going around it. Including me - rode in the middle of the trail, and the ending sign was just before the Y to the Pinery rest stop. Went around that sign to the rest stop.

·
3,510 Posts
So! Y'all have seen the "deer crossing" signs. Y'all have seen the "kids at play" signs! BUT! have you even seen "THEM" after the signs warn you of their presence? Never! Until now! And together, at that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Signs not odd but the results are

There used to be a foot bridge at the end. But a few Buffalo winters took care of that

Attachments

261 - 280 of 315 Posts