Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we just bought 2 new bikes. I would like recommendations that fit well for women's Univega Step-Thru Weekend Escape and men's Weekend Escape 1.0.
Additionally, does anyone have water bottle recommendations that fit the bikes well? TYIA

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,706 Posts
^^Welcome! Any pics of your bikes? Odometers boil down to whether you want wired sensors or not. If wired, you need one battery. If wireless, you have less wire clutter, but need a battery per sensor, plus one for the base unit. Right answer is what works for you.

As for water bottles, that's why I asked for pics. Do the bikes mounts for water bottle cages?

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,057 Posts
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

I can't see any bottle cage bosses on the frame (27.5" WEEKEND ESCAPE 2.0 STEP-THRU) but there are lots of options, including a bunch of clamp-on options. Even zip ties can be pressed into this service, if one doesn't object to the aesthetics. The bike does have holes to accommodate a rear rack, so possibly a trunk bag with a bottle holder would be the best option? Room for lunch, a jacket, a towel, tools, tubes, and spares, plus whatever else.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,239 Posts
Camelbak would be easiest answer for water and to have storage for snacks, fon, spare tube, tools, wallet, place to hang bluetooth speaker.......and it all goes with you when you step off the bike.......and probably cheaper than buying a bunch of stuff to hang on the bike. Oh yeah, your fon can run a free app to make maps of your journeys and have all your data recorded as well such as mileage, avg and max speed, climbing ft etc. and best of all, it goes on any bike you ride or hike for that matter. But mostly, what has been said, many options and the ones that fit your needs and wants are the best ones. Alls anyone else can do is offer up options to choose from....like I just did. Any specifics needed of what I just threw out there just ask. Glad to share.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,239 Posts
View attachment 54668
I can't see any bottle cage bosses on the frame (27.5" WEEKEND ESCAPE 2.0 STEP-THRU) but there are lots of options, including a bunch of clamp-on options. Even zip ties can be pressed into this service, if one doesn't object to the aesthetics. The bike does have holes to accommodate a rear rack, so possibly a trunk bag with a bottle holder would be the best option? Room for lunch, a jacket, a towel, tools, tubes, and spares, plus whatever else.
Reminds me of the wife's old Trek Navigator that I used to haul the grankids around on.....Hers was 3x8 v brake gripshift....

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Water Helmet Plant Vertebrate Sky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 54668
Thanks for posting this pic. Covid has had me down since I originally posted. Just getting back to this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 54668
My husband has been leaning towards a rear rack and bag. Thanks for your reply.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,057 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ill health, but glad that you are getting over it. I've been lucky but several regular posters heare got hit.

Let us know how the riding goes once you are back in the saddle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts