Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So work decided to be more "accomodating" to us and rather than just have "healthier" choices like Subway and a salad bar they went and have 2 "gut trucks" in a courtyard.

One is a typical gut truck, you know the "dirty water dogs" hot dogs, chips, soda etc.

The other is a race car hauler trailer that opens up to be a complete fast food type of business. Multiple deep fryers, greasy skillets, chili etc. Anyway, I'm watching people line up, most orders are a few hot dogs, chili cheese fries, a soda. I do not rag on people for dietary choices they make, to each their own.

But. . .

Since I've really been working hard at the cycling facet of my life, eating "healthier" and so forth, I haven't had deep fried food in a long, long time. The smell of the oil and grease made me puke in my mouth, just a little.

Anyway else find this kind of stuff gross after you've been taking better care of yourself?

·
96 Posts
the smell doesn't bother me but I also have not been on a healthy diet for long. and I'm still working on developing the staples of a healthy diet. I will admit my girlfriend and I ate a tom of fast food because of its convenience and are contrasting work hours. we ate healthier for a week and a half (pastas, chicken, veggies, whole grains and so on). well after a week and a half of eating healthier one day we were running errands and it was getting late so we decided to get some McDonald's. she had just chicken nuggets and fries and I had 1 double cheese & 4 chicken nuggets. we both felt awful for the rest of the evening and the following morning. felt like I had rocks in my stomach. since then I've refused to eat any fast food what so ever.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
It should be illegal to carry McDonalds french fries in an elevator. Please use in a well ventilated space.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I agree. It took immense will power to change my diet. Have not had fried fast food since April. If we have any I get a salad or wrap, al-la chic fil-a.

Certain smells of the past kill me.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
One is a typical gut truck, you know the "dirty water dogs" hot dogs, chips, soda etc.

The other is a race car hauler trailer that opens up to be a complete fast food type of business. Multiple deep fryers, greasy skillets, chili etc. Anyway, I'm watching people line up, most orders are a few hot dogs, chili cheese fries, a soda. I do not rag on people for dietary choices they make, to each their own.

But. . .

Since I've really been working hard at the cycling facet of my life, eating "healthier" and so forth, I haven't had deep fried food in a long, long time. The smell of the oil and grease made me puke in my mouth, just a little.

Anyway else find this kind of stuff gross after you've been taking better care of yourself?
So do prefer break bit** or roach coach as your preferred terminology for said vehicles ?
I'm lucky I guess.. I can still eat me some Chik-FIL-A with no problem :)

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
We refer to the wagon that shows up over here as the Hearse.

·
889 Posts
It's the smell of grease that turns me off. But I must admit my fondness for bacon and chicken wings...

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I love fried clams. Not the clam strips but whole belly Maine clams. Better than lobster and if I ever need a coronary bypass I am sure that a clam will be lodged in the artery.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
omnivox42 said:
Bacon is different. It is its own food group.
Mmmmmmmmm, bacon. Is there anything bacon doesn't go with?

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hack,

That sounds great, how was the execution. You may need another trial run.

Tell you what ill take one for the team and make one with the addition of avacado. Mmm.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
A plate and a fork. Although my wife may want a burger, so I'll throw a patty or two on as well. In a perfect world, I would live on mango, avocado, raw tuna, and maybe some soybeans. I even had my own roll at the local sushi bar, which was spicy tuna with mango - quite possibly the most delicious combination ever.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Bacon wrapped cheeseburger. Not as good as a burger wrapped in pastrami (post Livestrong 100 2010 meal) but close.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts