Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty guys/gals. I need some pointers/advice. I have developed two BAD pains while riding.

1. on the back of the shoulder near the trap I get this pain like someone is stabbing me wiht a screwdriver or ice pick. I keep moving around the handle bars to keep it from siezing up, but the pain gets unreal by the end of 30+ miles. Under 30 is no problem. Integrate may tell me that I am a weak girly man (said in an Arnie voice).

2. The outside of my right foot just behind the ball of my foot feels like it is in a pair of pliers. I have tried moving my cleat up some but the pain remains. I keep focus on my pedaling and how my ankle/knees line up, also, I try to keep my foot from dipping to the outside. Do I need to look at shims?

Thanks for any insight.

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Omni

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Alright little wee man, here's what you need to do:
1) get your fit checked
2) get your thoracic spine mobility tested
3) find out if youve got over active traps
4) maybe try bars that are a hair more narrow
5) get a theracane from Amazon

Do you have carbon soles on your shoes?

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
INTEGRATE said:
Alright little wee man, here's what you need to do:
1) get your fit checked
2) get your thoracic spine mobility tested
3) find out if youve got over active traps
4) maybe try bars that are a hair more narrow
5) get a theracane from Amazon

Do you have carbon soles on your shoes?
I would take offense, but alas I am short. You get off with a warning this time j/k.

1. I'm gonna get checked again tomorrow
2. How?
3. How?
4. I'll see what the LBS can do
5. Book?

No, fiberglass reinforced.

Hack, I swear I could feel it, it is there. ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will narrow bars help? Just don't understand.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Narrower bars will bring your hands closer in and may relieve the shoulder pressure. Theracane is way to get knots out.

The two how's can be taken care of with an eval from a strength coach.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
That's a pretty article.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
My friend Missie has been an independent fitter for years, contracted out to bike shops and kept on retainer. She decided to strike out on her own and open up her own shop. One of the best shops I've been to, it is small but am awesome vibe. It's a place to hang out as well as shop. I'm not plugging the place because I am friends with her, I'm plugging it because its a great shop.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That link was great (even better if it was a friends shop). I plan on using some of the advice from that page tonight. I am thinking that I need to shim my right foot to take pressure off or the right outside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts