Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me decide on a case for my iPad. What do you guys use and like? I've been looking for a week now and can't decide what I want. I didn't take this long picking out my last bike. Cases like the Otterbox and Lifeproof seem like overkill IMO, especially if, like me, it's just used around the house and only travels with me in my Jeep, not on the bike.

Full case, screen protector, Apple case, Apple screen guard, folio???? It's really driving me crazy. I'm leaning towards the Apple Smart Case right now. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
IF you are just carrying it around the house just get a screen protector to keep it lean and light. No folio, I personally dont like opening a book to use my slate. The smart case (if you have the ipad2 or ipad HD) makes sense. I use otterbox cause I have monsters that use my ipad and it must be protected. You can get invisishield put on at a mall kiosk (warranty) and a sleeve for cheap.

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
My daughter got us a standard Apple cover for out iPad and a screen protector. Works great for general use. We found a padded, zippered case with a handle at Staples for $12.00 and we use it to transport the iPad. So far it's worked quite well.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Industry_Hack said:
If you're considering the Lifeproof, check your email. ;)
Was and saw that. Will respond later tonight or in the AM when I have a real keyboard in front of me. Have the Lifeproof for my phone and love it!

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
David reviewed the LifeProof phone case here. I imagine the iPad case would be similarly awesome. A company that I cannot name gave me their case to review, but since I don't have an iPad, I lent it out at work. It got handed from user to user, and disappeared. That's happened more than once too.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
I use the Lifeproof for my phone. Every storm I rode this year, the phone was just in my jersey pocket. More than one occasion I dropped it on the pavement. It is a great safe case.

However, if you rarely take your iPad out, why not just a leather flip up case like this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
The smart case works well. If you leave the relative safety of an office or modern abode then life proof will help. Also, life proof if you have little kids!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts