Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a classic Olmo Firenze that I absolutely love;however, I've grown a little in the past couple of months and its too small for me now. I'm going to try to sell it and use that money to buy a different bike that's a little bigger. I'm not sure how much it would be worth though. It has Columbus tubing and the original Galli components. The paint and decals are in pretty good shape. I've found a few classic Italian made bikes online and the prices seem to range quite a bit. How much is it really worth?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
It's worth what someone will pay for it.
Reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Raising Arizona.

Smalls: Price. A fair price. That's not what you say it is, and it's not what I say it is... It's what the market will bear. Now there's people - and I know 'em - who'll pay a lot more than $25,000 for a healthy baby. Why, I myself fetched $30,000 on the black market. And that was in 1954 dollars.

Sorry, Tristan, I know that's not answering your question.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
There are a few sites that can help with value, but it really comes down to what it's worth to the right buyer. For someone looking for that particular bike, they may make a generous offer. To others, it's just a used bike.

Have you done any research?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha no worries Xela. It's always nice to have a movie quote in your day. Hack- I have done a little research. I've been searching eBay and Craigslist for people trying to sell Olmos or any classic Italian bikes. The price when in 1985 was around 1000 US. I think. The Vintage Olmos I've found seem to be going in the 500-650 range. Most of these have campy components and none are the actualy Firenze model. I'm kinda new to roadbikes, my dad bought me this bike last summer and I've just been riding. I don't know too much about them, I just like to ride. Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hack you have a site that can put a value on a used bike? I have looked for a site that is a like a bike blue book, and not found anything like that anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts