Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a strict budget and can't afford all the extras. I barely was able to buy my bike, other than shoes (obviously) what other gear is okay to look at used say on Craigslist or other such places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Austin Biking

My local biking community is great. They have given me a bike rack, lock and other attachments. I am lucky.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds great. Make sure you give back to that community. Not necessarily monetarily but there are usually other ways you can give back to "repay" their generosity to you and others.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought shoes and pedals on Craigslist. &200 carbon specialized and entry level LOOK for $100. I just washed the shoes. No issues. About the only thing I wouldn't buy used is shorts, unless I knew the person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've bought most of my clothing-as well as panniers, bags, racks and other accessories via my local Craigslist and online classifieds. All have been gently-used and were great deals. The high cost of cycling jerseys in particular has been daunting. It finally dawned on me that a basic wicking shirt is all I really need for the job.

You might also want to to try your local Freecycle chapter or yard sales. It's not unusual for people try cycling briefly, then decide it's not the right activity for them-which results in garages filled with bicycles and/or accessories that were only ridden around the block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts