Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out with the jelly belly jelly beans but have been using Twizzler bites for a while now. Quick carbs and easy to use out of an open ziplock baggie stuffed in my jersey pocket.

·
1,355 Posts
I was at a nearby REI recently and I picked up an energy bar called a bonk breaker. The one that I had was peanut butter and jelly and I have to say that it was pretty tasty.

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
For me it was my wife's oatmeal raisin cookies. I still remember a 40 mile ride, for college credit no less, where it rained for the last 20 miles. There I was in cutoff shorts, tank top, sopping wet, munching on the cookies. I can only imagine the looks I must have gotten.

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
If it's under 40 miles GU bout the 20 mile mark. I just went back to Hammer Gel and a flask tho. I have tried taking bars ( Marathon or Cliff ) but find it hard to eat

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I realy like the Fig Newtons, I like that I can get them in a 2 pack that is sealed, and thay are not pricy. 1 cookie 22g carbs, 130mg sodium, 65mg potassium, 100 calories, 1g protein, total fat 0. Thay give me a good feeling in my stomic not an empty feeling I think a box of 12 comes out to like 50¢ each 2 pack or less.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like a combination of GU Chomps (watermelon or orange flavored), peanut butter crackers, or the aforementioned fig newtons. I buy the "flat" of 8 six peanut butter cracker sleeves. For the fig newtons I'll be the box with a dozen or so fig newtons in it.

What I'll do is at the beginning of my is eat half of the package of GU Chomps, and half of peanut butter crackers. Then about half way through I'll finish both off and stop off at my favorite pizza joint for a slice of either cheese or pepperoni pizza and a soda.

The fig newtons I'll eat either in advance of taking off or I'll take a few with me and eat half of them with the GU Chomps. Eating the rest of the fig newtons/GU Chomps about halfway through my ride.

About the only complaint that I have with the GU Chomps is that they don't have any protein, hence the peanut butter crackers or fig newtons as a supplement.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I was at a nearby REI recently and I picked up an energy bar called a bonk breaker. The one that I had was peanut butter and jelly and I have to say that it was pretty tasty.
I see them at every trade show, and love that stuff. They have a coffee one that is awesome too.

Some of my Aussie friends swear by gummy worms. Or a beer at the half way point. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts