Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
That's so "last century." Just kidding. Good score! What are you going to use it on?

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm torn as to what to put it on. I have the rest of my 7400 on my 84 raleigh, but i'm pretty content with the stronglight headset that's on there now. I may end up throwing it on there though. It'll probably sit on the shelf a while till I figure it out.

The story behind it goes like this.

I had a customer come in the shop with an older trek carbon frame. Pretty cool frame, I forget the model but unlike the one I have, his had the carbon stays too. Anyways, he had taken it to 2 places including a chain store's bike department (that will remain nameless) and another actual bike shop (which he didnt name) to get the bottom bracket and headset removed. After those 2 places couldn't do what he wanted he came to us.

After I popped them both out with great ease, I asked him what he was gonna do with that headset and he was like "You want it?" to which I replied "Sure" so he gave it to me. Made my day, I love this old stuff.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find it even more amusing on account that all the tools i used to get that bb out, i have at home in my personal shop. And this dude went to 2 places that couldn't do this simple task.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's only one other actual shop in town and a REI. Remember I work at the shop that got the job done.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
sad that the other places could not remove a headset. however, it is good for you!
probably just made a customer for life and who knows who he will tell. plus, you scored a nice headset.
i am a little surprised that the other shop could not get it done.... okay not a little, i am shocked

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In all fairness I think once they realized they couldn't get the BB out they didn't even try the headset. Helps to know what one is doing/have the right tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts