Two Spoke Forums banner

Our TS Friends and major storm damage

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tude 
#1 ·
We have some friends here on TS that have had some major impact from the storms that rolled through the mid-west and other areas yesterday afternoon. It sounds like Hazys' area in Southern Indiana took the brunt of the storms head on. From what he has said he and his family are all ok and safe for now with no property damage. I'm sure as you all have seen in the news there is a lot of destruction in that area and they have a lot of work ahead of them. I know Poolie was also in some intense storms and tornado warnings in the Atlanta area as well but last I heard he was in search of a Starbucks to keep vigilant throughout the night :D

Xela started a post on FB about the storms coming and I was really unaware of the severity of the storms at the time. I was at work and pretty busy with out local weather which was nothing in comparison.

Having been through 2 fairly major hurricanes and a f3 tornado last April I can understand what Hazy and others are about to go through. I wish their communities well and SAFE and speedy recovery from so much destruction.

I'm sure riding will not be Hazys priority for some time now so I'm going to dedicate a few of my measly miles for him and others who have had their lived turned upside down for a while!

See less See more
#3 ·
It was a mess here. Luckily not in my immediate neighborhood. One tornado came within a mile of the house and that was close enough. The county I live in though took the brunt of the storms that rolled through Atlanta. Our small regional airport had 19 planes destroyed, one hanger collapsed and major damage to the terminal. Down the street an elementary school was about 60 percent destroyed. The school happened to be named after my great aunt. Last I heard about a 100 homes were either completely leveled or severely damaged. Surprisingly no one was seriously hurt... amazing.

Spring time in Atlanta tends to have a lot of tornadoes and this year they've started early. Be glad when its over.

#4 ·
Cloud Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt

This was taken along one of my routes, A house that was nearby had a dog that would race me every time I came by. Dont think the dog will be racing me anymore. :(

Attachments

#5 ·
This time of year brings bad memories from a couple of bad years of early year tornados! I pray that everyone is safe and without damage. I saw a newsfeed saying the toddler who was taken from her family has died. A story like that really tears at my heart! So sad but she is now with the rest of her family and in God's presence...safe and sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.