Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and everything went wonderful.. still sore and not moving good but I understand why the doctor said to stay off the bike.. I walked around the block today and about cried.. so thinking jumping off and on the seat to stop and ride would be just crazy at this point lol..
but so far yes the surgery was worth it .. sugar levels are NORMAL for the first time in ages!! and I'm happy about that if nothing else :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Good luck and tail winds for you recovery! You'll be up and riding before you know it!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hack, I hope nothing too serious and that she recovers quickly.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Heres to a speedy recovery :D. I better have one more just incase :rolleyes::D

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Hope all goes well Mom of 3 :)

Hope the wife is doin alright Hack

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so one week post op and i'm down 14 pounds yes two pounds a day i'm happy with that .. it will slow down once i start on solid food again but having a chunk come off fast is ok with me.. :) still sore and I fully understand why the doc said stay off the bike I'd be crying if i had to be riding ...
hope every one is doing good !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
so one week post op and i'm down 14 pounds yes two pounds a day i'm happy with that .. it will slow down once i start on solid food again but having a chunk come off fast is ok with me.. :)
Glad to hear things are going well for you. I finally got to bring my wife home last night, after stopping for sushi.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ditto on all the get well soon sentiments, and a prayer for all involved.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
The sushi was just ok. Hard to be a in festive mood after the previous three days. Yesterday, I left work and took my wife to the most expensive place in town. Yup, another trip to the ER.

Now accepting donations to cover her monthly prescriptions...

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's hard keeping sugar under control I kinda think my self lucky as having the surgery puts the levels back to normal in just a few hours and its never a problem again.
Actually got out and rode a mile the other day just to male sure I could

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Glad you're doing well!

My wife has Type 1 diabetes, so she can only control her sugars with a shot. The irony is that I have reactive hypoglycemia, and sometimes my pancreas puts out too much insulin.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts