Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I live in a small apartment without a garage. We simply do not have room to store our new bikes indoors. However, we have an elevated balcony off the back of the apartment.

I purchased this: http://www.yardstash.com. I set it up and got the bikes inside and chained up. After about a week of use I will admit that the inside of the tent is bone dry (even after several hard rainstorms).

My question is pretty simple. How should I feel about storing my bikes in something like this? Even though the Yardstash keeps the bikes completely dry I am sure that it does not prevent the humid air from getting to the bike. The zippers and seems are airtight but it is mesh.

I guess I am mainly worried about the humidity and extreme temperatures from the bikes being outside.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
You don't get much more humid then along the coast of Florida. Before we bought the Transit (June), our bikes were kept in the shed in the back yard. I still keep the hybrid in the shed and I haven't seen any major issues in three years of doing so. We now keep the bikes in the van but put them in the shed if we need to use the rear seats in the van. The only thing that you want to check for is mildew on your bike saddle if it isn't ridden or wiped down often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thanks guys. We live in the DC area so it is definitely pretty humid. From the responses I am getting here and on some other forums I think I feel pretty good about leaving them outdoors so long as I keep them oiled and wiped down every now and then. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts