Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Outside of being a really cool name for a band, "outhouse tool shed?" is a question I'd like to pose to the fashionista's of this forum.

I live on a little over an acre out in the country and I'd like to build a small shed to store the handled tools I use in my garden. I'm thinking I'd like to build one that looks like an old timey outhouse. What do you think? Cute or tacky? Keep in mind that (A) I live in the country and many of my neighbors actually used outhouses at some point in their lives, (B) this is going at the far back corner of a 1 acre property so it won't be terribly visible to any of the neighbors ruining their property values or scenic views, and (C) I have to do something to store my tools back there so basically I'm asking "do I carve the crescent moon in the door or not?".

Examples:

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Great idea ! Maybe paint the crescent on it to keep the elements out hu? If it was my project I would use this one just for the roof, adds a bit of class IMHO.

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have seen some around my way but I think the Pineys aroud here are useing them :rolleyes: Rember that when the goverment said you had to have running watter thay did not mean to build the out house over the streem :D

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Seeing the photo of the one with the red roof gave me an idea:rolleyes:, you could put wheels on bouth sides and some handels and have your verry own port-a-potty.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts