Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought this was somewhat funny and sad. Here's the "grabber" line for an article found on Outside Magazine's online edition.

The Tour de France and the Giro de Italia are two of the best know bike races. Even people who don't race—don't even ride bikes—know about them.

First, how can you claim how famous a race is if you don't even spell it correctly? Giro de Italia? :rolleyes: Maybe the author purposely did that to emphasize that it's one of the "best know bike races."

OK. That's all. Just seemed comedic to me that two such obvious mistakes made it onto the website in a sentence designed to get your attention. Carry on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just thought this was somewhat funny and sad. Here's the "grabber" line for an article found on Outside Magazine's online edition.

The Tour de France and the Giro de Italia are two of the best know bike races. Even people who don't race—don't even ride bikes—know about them.

First, how can you claim how famous a race is if you don't even spell it correctly? Giro de Italia? :rolleyes: Maybe the author purposely did that to emphasize that it's one of the "best know bike races."

OK. That's all. Just seemed comedic to me that two such obvious mistakes made it onto the website in a sentence designed to get your attention. Carry on.
Well, you do have to admit, it DID get your attention. :D

Seriously though, I know how you feel. Whether it's an online edition of a magazine or even a kindle book, the number of grammatical and spelling errors is atrocious. I don't know if editors / proofreaders are relying on built in spell checkers or they are simply lazy, but something needs to be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts