Pack recommendations

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by nHurD, Apr 18, 2010.

1. nHurD

nHurD New Member

I need to replace my commuting pack (I was hit by a car this past Monday, and the EMTs had to cut the straps off me) and was looking for any suggestions you guys might have. I've been debating between the Osprey Flap Jack and one of Chrome's messenger bags. Any input would be great, thanks!

2. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

[tangent]
    Why did they have to cut the straps off of you?
    [/tangent]

3. fleeter

Invest in this nougat of awesomeness... nobody would hit you for fear you might hex them. :D

Attached Files:

4. nHurD

nHurD New Member

LOL! that would do the trick!

[tangent]
    I was laying on my side, and they needed to put me on a stretcher. I suppose they didn't realize that the straps would separate on their own...
    [/tangent]

5. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

How did you get hit?

6. fleeter

yes... story time...

7. nHurD

nHurD New Member

I was going straight through an intersection that was controlled by a stop light. My street had the green light, so I proceeded to enter the intersection. I thought that the green car that was trying to turn left had seen me because the car had stopped so I continued to go through the intersection. As I was half way through, I saw the car coming at me, I tried to swerve out of the way, but it was too late: i wound up flying a couple feet in the air and landing on my right side. I wound up with contusions on both knees, shins, and ankles as well as contusions on my left shoulder and collar bone. My poor Pinarello was smashed to bits...

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

You got left hooked. That sucks.

9. Biker

Biker New Member

Damn, Did it do any damage?

10. fleeter

so your CF pinarello is totalled? I cried a little...

11. nHurD

nHurD New Member

My Pinarello was shattered into 3 pieces. But fear not, I just got a new FP7 w/ Campy Chorus 11 :)