Two Spoke Forums banner

Paris-Roubaix: Little Let Down by Thor

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Eagle 
#1 · (Edited)
Thor Hushovd has been one of my favorite cyclists for years now. I've been a fan of his since his Credit Agricole days. I was super excited, and honestly surprised, when he won the World Championship last year at Geelong.

However, I was quite disappointed by his lack of effort to work with Cancellara yesterday. I don't think the World Champion should be a wheel sucker, and really I was glad to see Fabian sit up and tell Thor he'd had enough. To me, the fact that you're wearing the stripes of a World Champion should be some incentive to at least take a few pulls at the front. I guess Thor was only worried about not letting Fabian get away, but I think the winner would have come from their little group if they would have just worked together. Once Van Summeren was clear, then I could see Thor not working in an attempt to give his teammate the victory, but up to that point I expected more from him. I find it hard to believe that Thor was working all along to give Van Summeren the victory, because until he broke free of that lead group, I honestly don't think anyone thought he was going to take it.

That being said, and openly admitting that I'm also a huge Cancellara fan, in a way I was glad to see Van Summeren take it. He was definitely deserving of it.

All-in-all, P-R was quite exciting! I just wish there wasn't a year before the next one.

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh ya i thought it might be Versus.
I dont get that channel up here booo, one of the sports networks up here has used there feed for the Tour the past few years and I'm hoping they do it this year to. got my fingers crossed.
I'll check out the links

Thx

E.E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.