Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I genuinely hope a lot of you got to watch Paris-Roubaix today. Not only was it one of the most amazing physical displays I've seen lately, but it was an amazing showing of strategy and tactics by Cancellara. The man is amazing!

Although, I did feel somewhat sorry for Boonen. Especially since he was the one doing most of the work for about the first 200+ km.

My one word summary of the race: unbelievable.

Yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Versus coverage was well done. Tortuous drinking game if using Paul Sherwin saying "Cobbles"!

Questions from a non-racer: Why wouldn't Boonen's group organize a chase? Did everyone but him succomb to racing for 2-3 place? How could organizing a chase to catch one rider worsen your chances for a higher finish. Are there deals being struck between riders in these huge races?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Haven't actually watched it yet. The Versus coverage is still sitting on my DVR and a buddy and me are planning on watching it tomorrow evening after a good ride. I did follow the face through twitter feeds and everything I heard makes me believe I am really in for a great race.

And I too am thinking about subscribing to Cycling.tv....seems like it would be a good investment for me because I love catching the races.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts