Paris-Roubaix

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Xela, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I genuinely hope a lot of you got to watch Paris-Roubaix today. Not only was it one of the most amazing physical displays I've seen lately, but it was an amazing showing of strategy and tactics by Cancellara. The man is amazing!

Although, I did feel somewhat sorry for Boonen. Especially since he was the one doing most of the work for about the first 200+ km.

My one word summary of the race: unbelievable.

Yours?

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Missed it. Where did you watch it?

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I watched it on Versus last night. Though I am currently considering subscribing to Cycling.TV

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Versus coverage was well done. Tortuous drinking game if using Paul Sherwin saying "Cobbles"!

Questions from a non-racer: Why wouldn't Boonen's group organize a chase? Did everyone but him succomb to racing for 2-3 place? How could organizing a chase to catch one rider worsen your chances for a higher finish. Are there deals being struck between riders in these huge races?

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Haven't actually watched it yet. The Versus coverage is still sitting on my DVR and a buddy and me are planning on watching it tomorrow evening after a good ride. I did follow the face through twitter feeds and everything I heard makes me believe I am really in for a great race.

And I too am thinking about subscribing to Cycling.tv....seems like it would be a good investment for me because I love catching the races.