Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a pedal cab? Also is it legal to operate a pedal cab without a license? I mean if you offer rides for money would you have to incorporate. I'm not up on my business law.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I've always been curious about that too. I think you don't have to file income tax if you make less than $500 but I don't know.

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Pedicabs, in our part of the US, are required to be licensed by the city.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I believe in Austin you need a license with proof of insurance but I'm not for sure if that's for the driver of the actual pedicab your using. I have a friend that does it, will ask him. I know on weekends he makes real good money.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Without any real knowledge I would just imagine it to be an insurance/liability nightmare.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I saw two of them for sale recently in SLC. Probably not a bad gig for toting Mormons around their temple.
I wonder if it would work for Jews on Sabbath? You could make some money catering to the religious community that doesn't use complex machinery on holy days. Fail that you could just give them piggy back rides.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I wonder if it would work for Jews on Sabbath? You could make some money catering to the religious community that doesn't use complex machinery on holy days. Fail that you could just give them piggy back rides.
Not too many Jews in Utah. Certainly not around Temple Square.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
When I lived in NYC I was parking my van one hot July Saturday and a Rabbi came up to me and asked if I would be so kind as to come in to the synagog and turn on the AC as he couldn't.... at some point you gotta take a look at the absurdity....

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
When I lived in NYC I was parking my van one hot July Saturday and a Rabbi came up to me and asked if I would be so kind as to come in to the synagog and turn on the AC as he couldn't.... at some point you gotta take a look at the absurdity....
I can respect that. Compared to what I see here in Utah, that actually makes sense.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Exploiting religion!? I thought you needed a TV show to do that.
No it just makes it easier.

You prove that this has money making potential. Pedi Cabs for Christ? Pedi Cabs for ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts