Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I started squeezing my knees inward during pedaling. It just felt right and seemed to take stress off my left knee which is not the.greatest. I also seemed to engage more muscles. Is it proper form to pedal like that? My knees (especially) the left point more outward unless I correct. Again, it just felt right, and I swear I made more power during pedaling.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
I think if you watched any film, or any races on TV you will notice riders ride that way. I'm not sure you will make more power that way as you cleat postion and your pedal stroke will have more effect on that. Ye Old scraping mud of off the bottom of your shoe thang :D

Squeezing or pointing you knees inward should/would just reduce "drag" I believe...keeping arms and legs out of the breezzzzze.

--------

As an after thought, the word squeeze sounds painful :D

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rola643 said:
I think if you watched any film, or any races on TV you will notice riders ride that way. I'm not sure you will make more power that way as you cleat postion and your pedal stroke will have more effect on that. Ye Old scraping mud of off the bottom of your shoe thang :D

Squeezing or pointing you knees inward should/would just reduce "drag" I believe...keeping arms and legs out of the breezzzzze.

--------

As an after thought, the word squeeze sounds painful :D
Yeah squeeze does sound odd. I guess I could have said that I was focused on keeping my knees inward. It did feel better as if the rotation of the knee was improved.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Do not force your knees into an unnatural position to your unique anatomy, but generally speaking, your knees should move straight up and down, in line with hips and ankles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts