Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised sitting at the vets office after having to pick up poo for the doc to examine before we came

·
Seasider
451 Posts
rola643 said:
As promised sitting at the vets office after having to pick up poo for the doc to examine before we came
How did it go at the vets?

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that depends on who you ask :D It was fast and for some booster shots , fecal inspection, and more Fronline flea and tick stuff for a grand total of 230 merican dollars! So a good visit but an expensive one in my mind for sure. I guess proper care for you pets isn't cheap either. MAYBE Obama can include that in his Obama Care...sorry I should not have said that...

·
Seasider
451 Posts
rola643 said:
I guess that depends on who you ask :D It was fast and for some booster shots , fecal inspection, and more Fronline flea and tick stuff for a grand total of 230 merican dollars! So a good visit but an expensive one in my mind for sure. I guess proper care for you pets isn't cheap either. MAYBE Obama can include that in his Obama Care...sorry I should not have said that...
Yep Rola, much the same here. We also can have some iffy vets, and I am not always convinced some of the treatment is actually required. Pet insurance has just massively hiked as well. However , as it is a beloved pet, you are a bit over a barrel and cannot take the risk.

4 more years?

·
Seasider
451 Posts
I won't ride tonight, very windy and a bit of a rough day at work. Maybe an evening of a couple of beers.....just so happens I have a bottle of Jennings Snecklifter and a classic Theakstons old peculiar (how apt) . Ended up spending 2 hours sat on a Kerb outside the office with a member of staff who had started cutting his arms at his desk.he then disappeared tracked him down and talked him back in. He is a super lad but has had more than his fair share of tragedy. So, for once, my excuse to drink beer rather than ride I think is valid. What did Stephen King once say, 'if you ain't bolted together too well, one day you are really going to rock n roll. Oh well.

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
K9-Advantage for my pups. Just put an application on all three today. Check Amazon for flea and tick control products. Anyone is cheaper than the Vet. Our Vet is very good at caring for animals but he is a little shifty with his prescriptions. If you are buying online he makes you come in for the script and he never gives you one the day you visit unless you are buying from him.
An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure when it comes to fleas.

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well...back to the Vet this morning to return the 118 dollars worth of Fronline Plus this morning keeping me from riding yet another day...

I may not understand all the economics in this world but I know when I'm getting gouged. 118 bux from the vet or 76 bux for the same exact thing from 1800Petmeds or 90 bux locally at the Tractor Supply store for the same 6 month supply. I bought a 3 month supply locally this morning and will most likey order a 6 month supply online next....I hate to do it as I would rather support locals but dang man there are some huge differences in pricing and I get the stores have to cover shipping and paying employees and the vet, well that was just out right robbery!!

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mind the vet visits actually, fairly reasonable but dang man they put the screws to me on that one.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I've found the larger vet clinics/hospitals have a bigger mark-up on meds, the guy I use now, he's right around MSRP/internet pricing.

He seems to approach it more as a labor of love rather than a business/investment. Works for himself, his wife is his secretary/office manager and a friend they know from way back when is the nurse/vet tech. Can't be beat.

He doesn't do surgery though (outside of spaying/neutering), so anything like that would need to be seen elsewhere.

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very cool, that's the way it should be if you are a vet... at least it seems to me. Everybody has to make a living tho, I understand.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
rola643 said:
Very cool, that's the way it should be if you are a vet... at least it seems to me. Everybody has to make a living tho, I understand.
One thing to make a living, quite another to take away another while you add a new home in the carribean. :/

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One thing to make a living, quite another to take away another while you add a new home in the carribean. :/
True dat!

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So.. we had some guests in tonight and the Black one wanted growl and protect her ground tonight. It was funny as after an hour or so she would not leave our guests alone wanting to play.

Her name came up so I brought up the Wiki page from when she was first named. Ours was for her black color!

Kālī is the feminine form of kāla ("black, dark coloured").[3] Kāla primarily means "time" but also means "black" in honor of being the first creation before light itself. Kālī means "the black one" and refers to her being the entity of "time" or "beyond time." Kāli is strongly associated with Shiva,

Attachments

·
Seasider
451 Posts
rola643 said:
So.. we had some guests in tonight and the Black one wanted growl and protect her ground tonight. It was funny as after an hour or so she would not leave our guests alone wanting to play.

Her name came up so I brought up the Wiki page from when she was first named. Ours was for her black color!

Kālī is the feminine form of kāla ("black, dark coloured").[3] Kāla primarily means "time" but also means "black" in honor of being the first creation before light itself. Kālī means "the black one" and refers to her being the entity of "time" or "beyond time." Kāli is strongly associated with Shiva,
Just look at that pic!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
$600 for every visit? Find a new vet! Mine average $150 for the highest rated in the city.
My Sarah just got her last dose of FrontLine this AM. Next time it will be Advantage which the vet says handles a broader range of bugs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too was going broke with vet bills for our dogs. Learned that the country vet my son took his dogs to was very reasonable. However, I have to drive 1 hour and 45 min. to get there. I was being charged $400 - $600 for teeth cleaning at the local vets. His charge was $64. Visits were less then half of the local vets and for shots they don't charge the office visit. Those prices made the difference in fuel costs more then worth it. Shop around, it might be worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts