Phoenix Area Riders?

Discussion in 'Arizona Bike Forum' started by fleeter, Mar 4, 2010.

1. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

I'm in the Mesa/Tempe area looking to see if anybody else on here is around me.

2. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

There are no other bike riders out there. The bike manufacturers have not figured out how to install air conditioners to bikes yet so people there just stay in the house or in their cars. Sorry you will have to ride alone.

3. fleeter

:( that's what I figured...

I just saw a group of about seven guys all wearing the same Jerseys, all riding sweet bikes. They were all sweating their guts out this weekend. Other than the homeless people, some wanna be gangsters riding stolen girls bikes, and those seven guys, I'm the only one out there :(

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. stinkyboy

stinkyboy F*%K Ridemonkey!

Dude, there is a huge bike scene here in the Valley of the Sun. Roadies, street, downhill, XC and the Fixie Pixies are showing up in force as well.

What do you like to ride fleeter?

5. fleeter

I'm riding my road bike every day... I've met some cool people on the streets, and it seems like everyday, there are more people out.

6. BigPapaK

BigPapaK New Member

Lots of cyclists out here. I'm in N. Scottsdale. However, you may find these links helpful to hook you up with some riders in your area. I would also encourage you to visit some of your local bike shops. Most do weekday and or weekend group rides. However, how many of those are actually engaged in this forum on a regular basis... no clue.

http://www.pmbcaz.org/

http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/6213/az.htm

7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

fleeter disappeared long ago sadly

8. curry

curry New Member